In the Autumn Term we hold an information evening especially for Sixth Form entrants (although in 2020 we will be approaching this in a different fashion due to Covid 19). There are displays of work schemes for all subjects and teaching staff are on hand to help you with any further information you may require. Mrs Martin, the Head of Sixth Form, will give a short talk. The Headmaster will be available during the evening to answer any questions. If you wish to visit the Sixth Form at any other time of year, please contact the Admissions Registrar to arrange a visit.
Academic requirements for entry to the Sixth Form are assessed on an individual basis.
For your guidance the following is used to assess applications for entry:
The new GCSEs utilise a numerical point system of 1-9, with 9 as the top grade.
- The points tally for entry is a minimum of 54 points from nine GCSEs.
- Where students have more than nine GCSEs, the top nine grades are taken into account but these must include English Language, Maths and Double Science.
- Students should have a minimum of grade 5 in English language and in Maths for entry.
- If students have fewer than nine GCSEs, application for entry will be examined on a case-by-case basis.
- Individual subjects leaders have outlined their particular grade requirements suited to their own study demands. However, it is recommended that students achieve a grade 7 or above in subjects that that they hope to study at A Level.
These requirements reflect our understanding that A Level study is demanding. Thus we do require a level of success at GCSE that will promote the very best outcomes at A Level.
We warmly welcome applications from students from other schools who are seeking to complete their studies in the supportive environment of Our Lady of Sion. Apart from satisfying the above entry requirements, the offer of a place depends on a confidential reference from their senior school Headteacher, recent school reports and performance at interview with the Headmaster and Head of Sixth Form.
Please contact the Admissions Registrar for further information and to make an appointment to visit the Sixth Form. On arrival, you will be met by the Admissions Registrar, who will introduce you to the school. Following this, Sixth Form students will take you on a tour of the school lasting about 45 minutes. This gives you the opportunity to find out about the school from a student’s perspective. Following on from your tour, you will have a meeting with the Headmaster who he will be happy to answer any questions you may have.