Our Lady of Sion School is one of 18 Sion schools worldwide founded by the Sisters of Sion. Our international schools include:
- Notre Dame de Sion, Grenoble, France
- Notre Dame de Sion, Strasbourg, France
- Our Lady of Sion College in Box Hill, Australia
- École Bilingue Notre Dame de Sion in Quebec, Canada
- Notre Dame de Sion in Istanbul, Turkey
- Notre Dame de Sion School in Kansas City, USA
We have six schools in France, two schools in Costa Rica and four schools in Brazil.
Sion Schools are independent of each other yet share a common ethos. We have various links with the schools around the world, enhancing the education that we can provide to our students.
Faithful to the values supported by the Ratisbonne brothers, Sion schools regard themselves as “spaces of dialogue”.
On the education level this means:
- To encourage openness to learning, not only to ensure success in exams, but above all to situate oneself in the World and in history; to be open to others, overcoming the fear that can come from encountering differences, to understand them, to work against all forms of injustice, discrimination, racism and in particular anti-Semitism.
- To affirm the richness of a multicultural world and recognize, through education, the universality of humankind.
- To emphasise joint projects and exchanges of students and teachers within our family of Sion.
- To remember always: human beings carry with them a personal and collective history. A person cannot build a future without remembering the past and without being reconciled to it.
- To insist on formation which develops an ability to question and to think critically so as to foster discernment in religious and secular spheres.
- To regard each young person as being part of a history that neither begins nor finishes with his/her time at Our Lady of Sion.
- Their past is important. Their future is beyond the plans of educators, parents and teachers. In the present, the adults who accompany them owe them trust, kindness, listening, forgiveness and respect.