Online Prospectus || Exam Information || School Information || Letters to Parents || Staff and Governors Lists || Photo Galleries || History || Parents Associations || ISI Inspection || Governors || Past Pupils Association
Our Lady of Sion School is an inter-denominational co-educational school, providing an all-round education in a caring family community. We are one of very few schools in the area that can offer a complete education for boys and girls from nursery through to sixth form (3 to 19 years). The school is situated in the heart of Worthing town centre, allowing easy access for pupils, and in close proximity to local sports and leisure facilities, which the school takes full advantage of.
We have been providing high quality education since 1862, and we are proud of our long tradition of excellence; our GCSE and A-Level results are always superb, and the majority of our students go on to higher education at their first choice universities. Our aim is to encourage each young person in our care to be the best that he or she possibly can, and to prepare children for adult life as citizens who can make a positive contribution to the world. The Headmaster and staff at Our Lady of Sion, seek to provide all students with opportunities to achieve excellence in an atmosphere of tolerance and understanding. The staff to pupil ratio is excellent and pupils are usually taught in groups of less than 20.
Our school is one of a number of schools worldwide established by the Sisters of the Congregation of Our Lady of Sion, whose aims were simple: to foster bridge-building, tolerance and understanding. They were inspired by the ideals of reconciliation between Christian and Jewish faiths, promoted by their founders Theodore and Alphonse Ratisbonne. All members of our School Community are encouraged to embrace the school motto ‘Consideration Always'
Part of the school is still housed in the original buildings, built by the Sisters of Sion in 1862. The school has been extended since that time, and new buildings have been added, but we are proud to be using the original school founded by the Sisters.